F-777 Collab (Sneak Peak) F-777 Collab (Sneak Peak)

i'll be listening out for a new track soon!

Zyzyx - Time Shaper Zyzyx - Time Shaper

Nice track, not a lot to say about it.

DJ-Zyzyx responds:

thanks :)

Soar Soar

Awesome, I love liquid DnB! This song has a lot of sick stuff in it!

I think the quiet snare/percussion hits layered on the main drums are good, but you should try something less snare-y. Also, the filtered intro is kind of odd. I think you should try using the chord progression on a really mellow instrument like a rhodes piano (fl keys has a nice one) for the intro, then have a short buildup into a drop with a less mellow instrument. (like the piano you used)

Those pads are awesome though. The arp really helps with the texture of the song too. GMS doesn't have a lot of great stuff, but the ambient presets it has are really nice. Just grab a pad preset and eq out the high end for a really ambient type of sound. Also that drum beat is awesome

Nice track! 4/5

Strykur responds:

Thanks! I've been taking inspiration from a lot of different artists like Rawtekk and Netsky recently.

I agree. I think I could have used a nicer percussion hit over a snare sound for that. I've never really considered using a different piano preset but I could try it in the next thing I do.

That pad was made in harmless ages ago and is the only thing I have ever used the synth for but it's one of my favourite sounds. Drum beat was inspired by Rawtekk's song "Snowflakes".

Thanks for the helpful review!

Neon Neon

You've improved since the last time I listened to one of your songs. This has one major flaw though: It's not DnB. This is more like melodic dubstep. There's none of the classic DnB breakbeats, which really makes it DnB more than you would think. It also seems too slow to be DnB, although I could be wrong about the tempo. The melody also isn't very strong. I'm glad you attempted to recreate some popular bass sounds, but it didn't work. It really does sound like a ripoff of those sounds. You might want to consider getting Serum, it's worth it and it accurately makes those bass sounds. And, the lead hits need a gritty bass under them to make them hit harder. I'm not talking about a sub bass, just a normal bass. This will make it sound denser and thinker. You can do this by simply distorting a low saw wave.

Nice track, you've gotten better, but there's still much room for improvement. 3/5 :)

DJ-Dawphin responds:

Alright. There is no option for melodic dubstep though, so I just put drumnbass.

Ascending Ascending

ascending*
seriously tho great track 5/5

JustinOfSuburbia responds:

AHH I knew something was off! Thank you!

Breathe Beneath Breathe Beneath

Scouted.

Color Blast Color Blast

Main problem here:

ramiroangel responds:

can't really say anything about that, i forgot to choose another snare

sorry

id69 v3 | Liquid dnb WIP id69 v3 | Liquid dnb WIP

Who said Liquid DnB is dead?

Cradle Of The World Cradle Of The World

Great track, small tip:
Be careful as a musician with descriptions on your songs that advance any sort of political cause. It may be a widely supported one, but if you want to grow as a musician, it's best to appear as neutral as possible. This doesn't mean you need to actually be neutral, obviously you're allowed to show your own thoughts. But an easy way to lose or not gain fans is to agree with or argue against certain causes, as it will offend some people. A great way to prevent that is just to appear neutral.

Great track though, 5/5 :)

SnowTeddy responds:

like i give a fuck about what my description offended special snowflakes. as mentioned many times before, i'm not competitive. i could write music better than many mainstream musicians, and i have actual history of award winning projects. i do music for the sake of entertainment of other and myself, and not for profit.

music is to express one self, not selling yourself. if i can't have fun, then i don't want to make music.

Orogenesis (Original Mix) Orogenesis (Original Mix)

Kaixo! I see your name more and more often.

Nice song, no criticism really. Not doing a normal format, this song really has no problems.

KaixoMusic responds: